Alcohol addiction is not often realized since alcohol is a legal and controlled substance. The truth is that it does cause addiction in many individuals who are prone to addictive behaviors. Not everyone who drinks will abuse alcohol, but it will negatively impact those who do. If your life has become unmanageable and you cannot stop drinking even when there are negative consequences, then you are addicted to alcohol.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Alcohol addiction treatment starts with a medical detox for patients who are at risk of acute withdrawal symptoms. ARCA uses non-addictive anti-craving medication that reduces the strong cravings for alcohol and decreases the risk of relapse. For severe withdrawal symptoms, medication is given until withdrawals subside and toxins are removed from the patient’s body and then tapered off.
Once detox is successful, the patient has the choice of either an In-patient program or Out-patient program, depending on their individual needs. One on one counseling, group therapy and family therapy are all included in the rehabilitation program. Contact ARCA today and get your life back for good.
- What Are The Signs of Alcohol Addiction?
- Negative Physical Effects of Alcohol Addiction
- What are The Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawal?
- Psychological Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawals, include
- Physical Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawals, include
- Avoiding contact with loved ones
- Changes in friends and only socializing where there is alcohol
- Dependence on alcohol to function
- Depression and anxiety
- Drinking first thing in the morning and throughout the day
- Financial problems
- Hiding alcohol around the house
- Legal problems
- Not being able to function without drinking
- Relationship problems
- Secretive behavior
- Suicidal thoughts
- Cardiovascular disease
- High blood pressure
- Infectious diseases
- Nerve damage
- Bad dreams
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood swings
- Clammy skin
- Elevated blood pressure
- Hand tremors
- Heart palpitations
- Loss of appetite
- Pale complexion