Crystal Meth (methamphetamine) aka Tik, is so potent that a first time user is instantly hooked after the first hit. Every time a person uses meth, their key receptors in the brain are damaged. This is why people who are addicted to meth have no feelings of pleasure without the use of meth. The first important step to recover from meth addiction is through medical detox in rehab, followed by intensive therapy with a trained professional.
What are the Signs of Crystal Meth Addiction?
Crystal Meth is made in different forms, so it is used in different ways.
• Smoke – using a glass pipe aka a “Lolly”
• Snort – first crushing the crystals and snorting it through a straw
• Injecting – the powder will be mixed with water and injected intravenously
• Pill form – although not popular, some will take it orally
- Bad hygiene
- Criminal behavior
- Decreased libido
- Dilated pupils
- Erratic mood swings
- Elevated body temperature
- Financial problems
- Relationship problems
- Secretive behavior
- Skin abscesses from injecting the drug
- Teeth and bones break easily
- Weight loss
- Fatigue and Sleepiness – during the first week
- Depression – feelings usually subside after 3 weeks
- Psychosis – seeing, hearing and feeling things that aren’t there
- Meth Cravings – people who are withdrawing from meth feel an uncontrollable desire to continue using
- Increase in appetite – strong cravings for sugary and starchy foods for the first few weeks